Friday, March 25, 2016

So, White Sunglasses Are A "Thing"

Today, while shopping for Greg's mom's easter basket goodies, I found some cute sunglasses. I tried them on while Greg was looking at something else, and I loved them. I asked him what he thought and he exclaimed "But honey! They're WHITE sunglasses."



I agreed with him, they were white sunglasses, and they looked great. "What's weird about white sunglasses?" I asked, confused. "If you like them you should get them." He said, avoiding my question. "I do like them, and I am going to get them, but seriously, what's the deal with white sunglasses?" Eventually he told me that white sunglasses "Are associated with 'douchebags' who think they're really cool." I rolled my eyes at this, I'd never heard it before. I thought it was just a "Greg thing"

Later I started watching "You're The Worst" and a few episodes in, this guy showed up


I had to pause it so Greg could come in and see it. "I love the glasses, and I'm not returning them, but I had to tell you that you were right, it IS a THING."

It even has it's own Urban Dictionary entry
"Sunglasses that tend to be worn by complete douchebags who think they possess what is called "swag"."

The show is great btw, good enough that I splurged on a month's worth of Hulu Plus. I really like Edgar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment